Anyone mildly into birding will tell you the Ravens are a cut above all the rest. Wolves of the air and extremely intelligent the raven is celebrated in folklore the world over. Sometimes seen as a symbol of transformation in the legends of American and Meso-American Indian tribes. It's associations are tied to the creation of the world to the gift of sunlight to mankind. Some tribes knew the raven as a stealer of souls. Sometimes a trickster. Odin kept crows as did Merlin. In Greece they were a symbol of divination.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Masterwork Top Tier Piece
Dimensions Approx. 11 1/2" L x 6" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.