This Afterlife Dog sculpture features a Day of the Dead theme; a black reverse with white details. It captures the obedient spirit that carries through, even beyond death. One of the most iconic Xuana signature pieces, it appears in the gallery every few years. The ribs and bones are polished to precision and the segmented tail and teeth are precisely carved.
• Hand Carved and methodically Sanded
• Scrupulously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the artist
• All in one carving with Removable Ears and Tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 5 1/2" tall (Medium-Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.