The very first creations by artist Edilberto Cortez were cats. Here we have two decades of evolution of his statuesque gato with the profile of an Egyptian temple cat. This sleek feline is medium to large scale in size with a lush fur stroke patterns that number in the thousands. Weighty eloquent one of a kind piece entirely done by hand.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving With Removable Tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6" tall x 6 1/2" L (Medium-Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.