Sometimes a movie about alebrijes inspires actual Oaxacan master artists who see it to imagineer their own variation. Highly refined half dragon half cat supernatural traveler into the afterlife. Inocencio Vasquez is one of the founding first generation carvers who has honed his craft over the decades and now produces pieces at grand mastery level. Here is a superb example.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single piece body with two removable wings
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" long x 6" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.