Sometimes a film sparks the creativity of Oaxacan artisans, leading them to invent their own versions of alebrijes. Draco Gato is a mesmerizing, supernatural traveller between this world and the next - half dragon and half cat. Master carver Inocencio Vasquez is a first generation artist who has perfected his skills over the years, creating works of grand mastery like this one.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single piece body with two removable wings
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" long x 6" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.