This strangely wonderful ape of the grape colored variety is looking for his tail but he has none because he has evolved. The artist Soledad Palma brings out the humor and appeal that crossover creatures have. Rife with geometric rows of Mixtec glyphs that dance along the form. This is a medium sized piece with a magical personality to add to it's one and only one of a kind appeal.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Pedro Taviche
Dimensions Approx. 5" L x 5 1/2" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.