Powerful spotted Hyena prowling on all fours. This is a single piece woodcarving by Eleazar etched out of block sized pieces of copal wood. Their hypnotic stare sends shivers down the spine. Infamous for their ferocious ways of hunting in large groups called clans. Interesting to note the hyena is the largest member of the weasel family.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving Fluid Perfect
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Masterwork Top Tier Piece
Dimensions Approx. 11" L x 5 1/2" tall (large)
What we love about this piece: In 20 years we've only had one other artist do a hyena. This one is the largest and sculpturally the most realistic. Every muscle mimics a prowling movement and is impressive at every perspective.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.