Sergio mixes both acrylic and aniline dyes and puts an amazing level of detail in his petite pieces. An armadillo unique amongst all other Oaxacan copal armadillos. This one sports whiskers, eye lashes, dainty ears, and a nine tiered tail that removes for easy shipping. A very rare find and a prize piece that belongs in a museum. One of our most difficult to obtain artists if not the most.
• Carved by Hand and Sanded with Traditional Tools
• Delicately detailed hand painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in one piece creation with removable Tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Authentic Handmade Folk Art from Oaxaca Mexico
Dimensions Approx. 8" L x 2" wide (small-medium)
July 8th, 2021 we are saddened to just find out the artist Sergio Santos died earlier this year from COVID-19. This is the very last piece from this artist. If you have one of his cats, armadillos, rabbits, coyotes, goats made over the last thirty years cherish it for it's incredible uniqueness as no other painter/carver has attained his unique style.