Everyday animals in a village have the potential to change shape into humans. This is part of the folklore that the village San Martin is steeped in. Inocencio utilizes ixtle cactus fiber to form the tail and beard of his hallmark creations 'el nahual'.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in one single piece carving with Ixtle Cactus fiber tail and beard
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Artistry
Dimensions Approx. 5" L x 5" tall (Small-Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.