This product is sold out
Changos are the monkeys who prefer to dress as people. Oaxacans grew up seeing smart chimps on television as astronauts, car driving detectives, and even rulers of future dystopic worlds. Jose Olivera's monkey figurines are each wildly different in apparel and color pattern variations. Endearingly individualized inventions.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the artist
• Single piece carving with Removable Tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 4" tall x 4 1/2" deep x 2" wide (Small)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.