Rabbits are the warriors of Mesoamerica. In pre-Columbian times they were spitfire warriors full of attitude and confidence and achieve the height of their power at the full moon. This stellar conejo from Maria Jimenez conveys all of the above with it's stolid stare and composure. Chiseled from a single piece of Copal wood makes this a masterwork prized collectable. This conejo piece is perfect for any art or history collection, sure to stand out and draw admiration for its authenticity and craftsmanship.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxaca Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Floral Surreal San Martin Style Brush Artistry
Dimensions Approx. 5" tall x 3 1/2" deep (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.