The original eye catching martian aka marciano alebrije maker of San Martin. Since the 1970's Carmelo has evolved his good luck creature that scares away evil with more appendages, ears, horns, fire, and fins. Every color is a mix and remix of Carmelo's vast artist palette. The perfect size in between small and medium. All the pieces remove for easy shipping.
What we love about Carmelo's Marciano's: The contrasting pure colors of each piece can be arranged any way you wish. Changing pairs of horns or fins gives the alebrije an entirely different personality.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Multi-Piece carving 11 pieces
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" tall x 6" L (small-medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.