Iguanas on rocks and in trees. With their ability to climb and run they are sprightly and expeditious. Perched all in one reptile with ink work patterns for skin that border on arduous. This land lush lizard is in the medium to large sized scale.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Genuine Oaxacan Carving made from Ocote wood of the Sierra Madre
• One piece body carving nothing detachable
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Pedro Cajonos
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 10" L x 7" tall
"The Iguana is on my desk at the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, and that's where the night bird will go as well. I also have a rain forest frog from Port Wahakaa that I bought a couple of years ago - they all look wonderful together and are a reminder of why we do what we do at the Institute. My co-workers love looking at all the pieces."