Hill Country Burro
This product is sold out
""Super experience and awesome carvings! Thank you! G. Veale""
Blue gray burro by Enrique Ramirez with green gourds and saddle. A blend of eloquence and utilitarian. This is the very last of a long line of works from an artist that is no longer with us. When we first started visiting the village of Arrazola all of the streets were dirt and ferrying up and down the hills were burro's carrying wood, vegetables, sacks, and gourds. This is a tribute to an old world Mexico that has virtually vanished.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Tirelessly and Tastefully Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Removable tail for Easy shipping
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• First Generation Zapotec Painter
What we love about this piece: Enrique was one of our first five artists we featured in our gallery back in 1998. Enrique's works were small scale familiar animals done with the sharpest of brush strokes. This is a larger piece with more elaboration in depth of dot layering.
Dimensions approx. 10 1/2" L x 6 1/2" tall