Cat and Ratón
This product is sold out
Cats were the original rodent control. Saving humanity from several waves of plagues throughout the ages. In Mexican Folk Life they are respected for their one important task especially in agrarian villages. This medium sized blue eyed house cat by Avelino portrays it's prowess and importance with a removable rata carved with an insert that allows for insertion into the mouth. The cat with mouse motif is one that has persisted in La Union.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Body carving with removable tail and separate mouse
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6" tall x 7" deep (Medium-Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.