Grandson to the original Arrazola woodcarver Manuel Jimenez and carrying the torch of his unique creative style Moises excels at maintaining the affable charm and simplistic sophistication few can grasp. This crimson and golden yellow rabbit is a throwback to when Nelson Rockefeller visiting the nearby ruins of Monte Alban discovered the charm of Oaxacan figures de madera and added them to his own folk art collection. This is a large scale piece a full size up from a smaller version we have in the gallery.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• One body carving with two removable ears
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 9" L x 8" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.