Inhabiting the rocky canyon creeks of the southwest is this highly intelligent cousin of the raccoon the ringtail cat. A large scale piece ideal for a mantle or coffee table. The markings of this ringtail are lemon neon irregular ovoids on a wash of swept sandstone sunset oranges. Top notch ultra unique highest tier Oaxacan woodcarving.
Ringtail cats are also known by other names. In the American West, ringtails were called miner's cats, since they were often found in and around the mining camps in search of the many rodents that were commonly found around the miners and their food.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Removable Tail for Easy Shipping
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Masterwork Top Tier Piece
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 13" Tall (large-giant)