Exacting smooth forms and perfection in spatial forms and aligned geometric dots. The shadow coyote is a dual invention of Flor and Abad Xuana. Abad is the most venerated of all the Xuana's and it is most apparent in his simplistic yet powerful color choices. The single piece mastery and extraordinary machine-like painting exactness make this one of the very best pieces to grace the gallery.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Artistry
Dimensions Approx. 7 1/2" L x 5" tall (Large)
What we love about this piece is not only rare work of a legendary artist but the painting is absolutely flawless. Adding to the legend is the super sublime attention to sanding and shaping. This is the highest tier work we have at Port Wahakaa.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.