Every decade or so we come across one carving that blows us away. Especially when the subject matter is an animal few carvers attempt like a bear. This is a stunning single piece carving by one of the undisputed best carvers in Oaxacan art. The musculature of the Oso is seen at different angles devastatingly impressive. Details like rounded eyes , nostrils, curved tail, and physique are the nuances that set Victor's works apart from all of the others. This is a piece for the most discerning of collectors of both fine sculpture and wildlife art. Magnificent and awe-inspiring. Out of this world and jaw dropping.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5" L x 4"tall (small-medium)
"The bear is just beautiful. I love the carving, and even though the coloring is subdued there's so much life and spirit in the piece. It's a gift for dear friends who donate every year in my name to Animals Asia - a bear rescue organization that does wonderful work. They're moving to Portland so it will be our house present. I know they will LOVE it."