Here in Austin free tail bats are the unofficial city mascot. Bats are also revered creature in Zapotec mythos. Bat masks have been found in the ruins of Monte Alban and permeate to present day in the art of the Mexican American Southwest. What is not to like of the worlds most prolific pollinator.
Premiere painter and wood sculpture David Blas finds the fine balance between whimsical and supernatural with this towering broad winged creation. Magentas and pinks of the wings balance with the purple and green of the body. Impressive work that is both beautiful and strange.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Genuine Oaxacan Carving made from Ocote wood of the Sierra Madre
• All in one carving nothing removable
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Pedro Cajonos
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Best of the best Top Tier Piece
Dimensions Approx. 11" tall x 7" wide (Tall-Large)