Once believed that it was a mix of pig and donkey the tapir is the largest mammal in the Mexico and Latin America, it can measure up to 2 meters long and weigh up to 400 kilos. In Mexico, it lives in remnants of rainforests, cloud forests, and mangroves in Oaxaca , Veracruz , Tabasco , Chiapas, and the Yucatan Peninsula . Although he very much likes to enjoy the water in puddles and small lagoons, he rarely shows himself when he perceives a suspicious smell, some noise or danger he hides quickly..
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Body with small removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6 1/2 L x 3" tall (small)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.