Rarely is a piece actually named but this feline is signed as 'Titulo Jaguar Estudiante'. Reading a book of poetry that roughly translates to "breathe the wood in the copal only my dream is fulfilled in my hands" this relaxing single piece carving by Justo Xuana is highly original composition to behold. Carved teeth shaped ears and defined paws are the subtle details which showcase a mastery of skill in single piece carving.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Diligently Painted by Hand
• Chiseled Single Block Carving
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from Treasured Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Puritanically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 8" long x 3" wide (Medium-Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.