Deepest of deep purple elephant. A pristine example of aniline dye method of color few now practice. Far far removed from all the other artists in other villages Calixto ads invention to timeless motifs. Modern day artifacts from another era the practice of the original toymaker artisans exists in only a string of homes in La Union.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• All in One Carving
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 6" L x 4 1/2" tall (small-medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.