This is the superior sized giant among the selection of very large Melchor cats we've received. At nearly two pounds this awe inspiring leon is attuned in an array of orange globes. This is probably the most massive carving in our gallery and the detail is superb. The carved mane is quite impressive as is the stance and overall stature of this king of beasts. Margarito Melchor is a legacy artist found in nearly every publication pertaining to Oaxacan Art.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted Square by Single Square by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Wood Carving made from prized Copal
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions approx 12" L x 9" tall (Large-Giant)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.