In Mexico Elephants have always been associated with good luck. If the elephant is trumpeting add good fortune. This is an iconic piece by one of the most celebrated Oaxacan artists in the last twenty years. Maria is also one of the only artists to still paint the undersides in standout contrasting colors. A folk art treasure and classic.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the artist
• All in body with removable tusks and tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" L x 5 1/2" tall (Small-Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.