In Mexico, Elephants are often viewed as auspicious symbols, and the sight of one trumpeting is said to bring extra fortune. Maria is an acclaimed Oaxacan artist who has distinguished herself in the last two decades for her intricate pieces that feature contrasting colors on the underside - making every work a true folk art masterpiece.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the artist
• All in body with removable tusks and tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" L x 5 1/2" tall (Small-Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.