Avelino is the artist who often injects comedic social commentary into his highly refined figurines. With over two decades to refine his motifs we see this latest nun imbibing cerveza in a drunken haze. Sanded and shaped to perfection. The robes flow and fold with realism.
• Carved by Hand and Sanded with Traditional Tools
• Delicately detailed hand painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in one piece creation with two removable horns
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Authentic Handmade Folk Art from Oaxaca Mexico
Dimensions Approx. 8 1/2" tall x 3" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.