Beavers are quite rare subjects in Oaxacan Art and this par excellence sculpture as a single piece carving. Gil Santiago son of Miguel puts forth eloquent fine sculptures of entirely original design. These newer pieces by Gil offer a new painting style which he refers to as 'Greek' which is a parallel to the Zapotec glyph style other artists in Arrazola practice.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Resolutely Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5" L x 3 " tall (small-medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.