Calixto Santiago is the master of a unique aniline and acrylic method of painting. Far far removed from all the other artists in other villages and even his own, Calixto ads invention to timeless motifs. Here we have a meticulously made diablo in deep turquoise and indigo purple.
Aniline dyes are the most difficult to work with and has vanished in the art form for all but a tiny handful of artists. They are unique in their velvety textured look and represent the oldest tradition of figurine making in the Oaxaca region.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• 2 Removable Horns, 1 Tail, and one Rake
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Timeless Traditional Oaxacan Festival Themed Figurine
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 5" tall x 4" deep (small)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.