We call this one the dreamcatcher. A true spirit animal alebrije in every sense. This creature has several qualities of different animals. Part Coyote, part Anteater, and part panthera (long tail) this strange dreamlike this beautifully bizarre and weirdly wonderful hails from a time when the artists once produced zoomorphic fusions of familiar animals.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Removable Ears for Easy shipping
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Pictogram Patterned Iconography
What we love about this piece: We found Martin's work in the back of a workshop of Zeny Fuentes and fell in love with his very different photographic painted themes that permeate on every one of his forms. Hidden inside subtle tonal shifts of warm and shade hues. It handles all the abstractions you would want in a piece that isn't any one particular animal in a beautiful way.
Dimensions Approx. 10" L x 6" L (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.