Filostrato Butterfly belongs to the Swallowtail family of butterflies, which is native to the Sierra Madre region. Raul Blas has crafted a unique style within the Blas family repertoire, and their intricate insect-inspired pieces are particularly noteworthy. Even the underside exhibits the signature hand-painted coloration that is characteristic of the Blas family.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Oaxacan Carving made from alpine Ocote wood
• Multi-Piece carving Removable Wings, Legs, Antennae
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Pedro Cajonos
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 6" deep (Medium- Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.