Antlers simulating flames this deer by Roberta Angeles really showcases her profusion of iconography and one of a kind color combinations.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Ingeniously Carved from a Single Piece of Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
What we love about this piece: Roberta is the definitive senior painter in the Angeles family and her iconic style shows off in animals like this one that other artists rarely do. To hold one of her pieces is to see the original floral designs inside a pastiche of newer designs evolving over decades.
Dimensions Approx. 5" tall x 3 1/2" L (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.