Turquoise and Mediterranean blue comprise the palette of this majestic golden mane lion. Margartio Melchor is one of Oaxaca's original carvers and big cats are his forte. His 80's originals were megalithic in size and this newest edition is quite big and heavy itself. Powerful in stature with carved mane and textured amoeba dots throughout. Painted in a layer method that hasn't changed in decades. Margarito is a legacy artist found in nearly every publication pertaining to Oaxacan Art. We both proud and lucky to present this one to you. Heaviest pieces in the gallery perfect for displaying on coffee tables.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Wood Carving made from prized Copal
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 8" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.