Empyrean turquoise and azure speckle the sun-kissed mane of this regal lion, masterfully crafted by Oaxacan carver Margarito Melchor. This exquisite edition, monumental and weighty, boasts a meticulously carved mane and amoeba-shaped textures, painted using a time-honored method.
Margarito, a legacy artisan featured in many publications on Oaxacan art, is the gifted creator of this resplendent creature, and we are proud and privileged to offer it to you. This wondrous companion is one of the heftiest pieces in our gallery, perfectly suited for elegant coffee tables.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Wood Carving made from prized Copal
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 8" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.