In Mexico, Elephants have historically been seen as symbols of good luck. If the elephant is portrayed trumpeting, it is a sign of even greater fortune. This particular iconic piece was crafted by one of the most renowned Oaxacan artists of the past two decades. Maria is the only artist to consistently capture the underside of the sculptures with vibrant, contrasting tones. Initiate your collection with a traditional piece of folk art.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the artist
• All in body with removable tusks and tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" L x 5 1/2" tall (small-medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.