Certainly king of all he surveys this green and orange lion pops with projection and personality. Calixto Santiago is the master of a unique aniline and acrylic method of painting. Far far removed from all the other artists in other villages Calixto ads invention to timeless motifs. This is the only animal that Calixto paints the eyes red perhaps his way of indicating scary.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Timeless Traditional Oaxacan Festival Themed Figurine
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 7 1/2" L x 4" tall (Small-Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.