Revered more than even the panther in Mayan folklore. The owl is the messenger between the world of the living and the dead in Mayan folklore. In Mexican Folk Art the diversity of the depiction of owls is often a singular expression of one artist. Every artist has their own Buho invention. A collector could just collect owls and they would all be entirely different. Armando's tall snow white owl is a statuesque single piece copal carving inlaid with two opaque deep red marbles for eyes. Wings etched and vividly colorized to draw attention to it's feather folds. Porcelain smooth large sized sculpture.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving with Removable Tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Zapotec Patterned Brush Artistry
• Aztec Design Style Accents
Dimensions Approx. 9" tall x 3 1/2" wide x 3" deep (large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.