Incredibly unique panda and cub by one of the best technical carvers ever in Oaxacan art. This single piece carved panda and cub is a visceral tactile treasure. The tiniest precise details are crystalline down to the multi-circular eyes into the crisp infinite uniform brush dots to stylize fur. Mother and cub have the smallest toe nails claws shaped and defined.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Astounding Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
This is a highly detailed miniature carving that scales up to small size. In effect a large miniature carving. A staggering amount of detail so much so that in all the villages only Victor Xuana has attained. In Oaxacan Woodcarving this is as good as it gets. Appropriate to display in a glass case with a cone of light casting directly down on it. Since 1996 this is one of only two Panda's we've procured for the gallery.
Dimensions 3 1/2" tall x 2 1/2" wide