Wings up Owl in rich velvety blues and carmine reds. Calixto Santiago is the master of a unique aniline and acrylic method of painting. Far far removed from all the other artists in other villages Calixto ads invention to timeless motifs. A rustic reduction in complexity drawing they eyes in.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Timeless Traditional Oaxacan Festival Themed Figurine
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" tall x 4" wide (Small-Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.