Part alien and part dream monster the Marciano's of San Martin were initially made to scare off evil spirits. The Sosa family perfected and evolved them to what you see here. A mix of friendly and fierce other worldly creature you are glad is on your side.
The original eye catching martian aka martiano alebrije maker of San Martin. Since the 1970's Carmelo has evolved his good luck creature that scares away evil with more appendages, ears, horns, fire, and fins. Every color is a mix and remix of Carmelo's vast artist palette. The perfect size in between small and medium. All the pieces remove for easy shipping.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Multi-Piece carving 11 pieces
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 5 1/2" tall x 6" L (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.