Swept back ears, expressive glowing eyes, and stalking tail. Crimson aniline dyed La Union carving by one of the very last families practicing this nearly lost art form. Calixto animales are the ideal size of small meets medium. Velvety tactile texture.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• All in One Carving No Removable Pieces
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 7" L x 3 1/2" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.