Big, beautiful, and burly bovine copal carving weighing in at one pound. Oxen in rural Oaxaca are the goliaths of all domesticated animals. Weighing in at a hefty one pound this statuesquely green Ox by Edilberto Cortez is a perfect specimen a venerated beast of burden. Unique to this carving is the ixtle fiber tail that curls around it's side.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions approx. 9" L x 5 1/2" tall (Large-Heavy)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.