Turquoise blue panther by one of the most well known of all the Oaxacan Woodcarvers Margarito Melchor. At over a foot long this dynamic feline captures all the magic of the copal tree. Painted in a layer method that hasn't changed in since the 1980's. Margarito is a legacy artist found in nearly every publication pertaining to Oaxacan Art. We are both proud and lucky to present this one to you in all it's nostalgic grandeur.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 14" L x 5" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.