Mighty Manchada Hyena ambling on all limbs. This customized woodcarving by Eleazar is skillfully whittled from block-shaped pieces of copal. Their voracious glare sends shivers down your spine. Notorious for their intense style of foraging in packs. Quirky tidbit: hyenas are the foremost relatives of the weasel clan.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving Fluid Perfect
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Masterwork Top Tier Piece
Dimensions Approx. 11" L x 5 1/2" tall (large)
What we love about this piece: In 20 years we've only had one other artist do a hyena. This one is the largest and sculpturally the most realistic. Every muscle mimics a prowling movement and is impressive at every perspective.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.