Famed carver and painter Edilberto Cortez is renowned for his vivid and inquisitive chango monkeys and strange octopi. The lush rainforests of Oaxaca are home to two kinds of monkey: the Spider and Howler.
This enchanting copal wood sculpture is adorned with a purple bubble-dotted fur suit and a spunky tail - you'd never guess it was made entirely by hand, so perfectly carved, sanded and painted! An exciting piece of art that falls in the medium-size range.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving with Removable Tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7 1/2" L x 5" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.