Folk tradition talks of an underworld the dead go in an afterlife. In Avelino's imagination this place is very much the same as life above but is instead run by devils. Or then again maybe he's been talking about this one all along. Avelino's pieces have evolved to a higher tier. This brown suited three pocked top hat devil carries a brief case with the logo of his bank 'ban chico' on the side. Flawless exquisite detail under $100. We have worked with Avelino going back to the late 1990's and these are some of his very best in medium scale pieces that emphasize finer details.
• Carved by Hand and Sanded with Traditional Tools
• Delicately detailed hand painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in one piece creation with two removable horns
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Authentic Handmade Folk Art from Oaxaca Mexico
Dimensions Approx. 7" tall x 4" wide (Medium Size)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.