Oxen Rider is a quintessential highly unusual piece from one of the most sought after artists in the art of Oaxacan woodcarving. Abad Xuana assisted by his grand daughter Floriberta have created an Ox so detailed even the sex is carved along with looping tail. The village of Tilcajete has some of the most impressive Oxen in all the region, they dwarf the other kinds of cattle.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Masterfully Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Two single piece chiseled carvings Ox and Rider
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
• Top of the Top Tier Grade Oaxacan Woodcarving
Dimensions Approx. 6" L x 6" tall (medium)
This is a piece for the collector's collector. Some gallery owners we've known over the decades only collect Abad family pieces but sell hundreds of other artists.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.