Vibrant red underlying starburst patterns accented by several bands of contrasting geometric bands. A seven segmented tail compliments every color with a brilliant triangulated patterned tail. This classic style of sharp simple Zapotec painting is slowly vanishing from the two villages that practice this painting method. This is one of our last stellar samples of this painting style.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece of Wood With Removable Tail
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Zapotec Patterned Brush Artistry
• Symbol of the Southwest
Dimensions Approx. 9 1/2" L x 4 1/2" tall (medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.