Candy apple red and sky blue armadillo long variation with five bands that contain the artists entire color palette. Impressively little over a foot long the sinuous body and nine tiered segmented tail make it one of the most elaborate Armando has done to date.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Clever two piece creation for easy shipping
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
What we love about this piece: A true expression of soft colors colliding with simple yet powerful patterns come alive in this large sized work. Ideal for a mantle or southwestern shelf display. Stellar example of a vanishing carving-painting style in his own village. This is as classic as you get!
Dimensions approx. 12 1/2" L x 8" tall (large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.