Composed of a combination of azure sky and ocean, Margarito Melchor's 'Fuerza Leon' features a graceful golden mane. One of Oaxaca's most renowned carvers, Melchor is renowned for crafting big cats. Measuring up impressively in size and weight, this impressive specimen flaunts a masterfully carved mane and textured amoeba dots.
Painted using a method that has remained unchanged for decades, this piece is a testament to Melchor's status as a legacy artist in books related to Oaxacan Art. We are both proud and fortunate to bring this sculpture to you.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted Square by Single Square by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Wood Carving made from prized Copal
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 12" L x 8 1/2" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.