Classic rectangle blue segmented cat by one of the most well known of all the Oaxacan Woodcarvers Margarito Melchor. His 80's originals were megalithic in size and this newest edition is quite big and heavy itself. At over a foot long this dynamic feline captures all the magic of the copal tree. Painted in a layer method that hasn't changed in decades. Margarito is a legacy artist found in nearly every publication pertaining to Oaxacan Art. If you want an amazing cat for a song by a celebrated artist look no further.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving with removable tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 14 1/2" L x 5" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.