The Latin American cousin of Rolling Gnome is the grumpier Duende! Rural Oaxaca knows them as a real thing, living inside walls and even clipping the toenails of children - befriend them! This impeccable, single-sculpted piece of carved figurine, crafted by Avelino, is a museum-level work of art - an amazing standalone masterpiece!
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carved Body
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6" tall x 3" wide (Medium)
According to Wikipedia: Belief in duendes still exists among the Mixtecs and Zapotecs of Oaxaca and it is said that they are most commonly found in the mossy cloud forests of the state's mountain ranges.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.