This dandy ape of the grape persuasion is in search of his tail (but oh, no! he's lost all trace of it 'cause he's advanced in evolution). Artist Soledad Palma brings a boatload of hilarity and intrigue to her creations of the cross-species variety.
Geometric rows of Mixtec glyphs swirl around the sculpture, gracefully styling their way up and down. Medium-sized and magical, this one-of-a-kind piece is sure to please.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Pedro Taviche
Dimensions Approx. 5" L x 5 1/2" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.